Expanding a monthly giving program is one of the most cost-effective ways to boost your charity's bottom line. Sustaining donors provide a reliable stream of annual revenue and give more on average than one-time supporters. Plus, they're more loyal: 45 percent continue giving from one year to the next, compared to about a quarter of donors who make just one gift.
How can your organization swell the ranks of monthly donors – and keep them giving year after year?
Join us on October 11 to get advice, tools, and real-world examples that will help you enlist more sustaining supporters and raise more money.
Jason Keramidas of Charity: Water will explain how the group expanded its monthly program from 6,000 donors in 2016, to 35,000 today. He'll share digital strategies to attract and engage recurring donors, including:
- using online advertising to attract new donors
- activating social-media influencers to pitch your cause to followers
- creating web content that responds well to search engines and appeals to donors
He'll also share real-world examples of Charity: Water's digital communications and offer tips for adapting your messages to specific audiences.
Michal Heiplik, a 17-year public broadcasting veteran in charge of fundraising at WGBH, will explain how, in five years, PBS stations quadrupled the share of members who give monthly – from 8 percent to 35 percent. Heiplik helps lead a consortium of PBS stations that share fundraising data and tactics, and he will offer ways to: attract new sustaining donors, convert one-time supporters to monthly giving, motivate monthly donors to give more, and retain donors.
Don't miss this chance to learn from the experts and enhance your approach to monthly giving.
What Will You Learn?
- Tactics for attracting new, and reactivating lapsed, monthly donors
- How to inspire loyalty and greater giving among these supporters
- Ways to monitor participation and prevent dropouts due to expired credit cards
Who Should Attend?
- Monthly giving program managers or directors
- Online marketers and digital strategists
- Chief development officers and development directors
What Resources Will You Receive?
Checklist: 6 Ways to Build a Strong Monthly Giving Program
A top fundraising executive at Boston’s WGBH shares tips for starting or improving a sustainer program.
Executive Director, Contributor Development Partnership, and Executive Director, Local Development
Chief Product Officer