Donors increasingly want to support work they know is making a difference. But it's often hard for nonprofits to figure out how to measure their impact in a meaningful way.
Join us for a one-hour online session that will help program managers and executives set and measure goals they can use to demonstrate results over time – and make their case for support to grant makers and individuals.
Elijah Goldberg, chief operating officer at ImpactMatters, a nonprofit that analyzes and estimates charities' effectiveness, will provide insights on how to measure the change your nonprofit achieves and calculate the cost of reaching your goals. He'll also share real-world examples of smart ways organizations use data to show long-term impact.
You'll also learn from Kevin Starr, managing director of the Mulago Foundation, which gives unrestricted money to groups that prove they deliver long-term results. He'll explain which kinds of goals and measurements Mulago looks for when selecting grantees and offer advice for gathering useful data.
Plus, you'll learn about a powerful technique: using quantitative metrics to demonstrate how much worse conditions would be without your nonprofit's efforts.
What Will You Learn?
- Tips for figuring out which activities to track and how to do so
- How to set goals to prove your work produces lasting results
- Ways to use your data to demonstrate to donors the long-term impact of your organization
Who Should Attend?
- Executive directors and program managers
- Data and evaluation specialists
- Chief development officers and development directors
- Grant-proposal writers and other grants professionals
Originally Aired: April 11, 2019
This webinar is worth one CFRE credit.