Many wealthy Americans have recovered from the initial economic jolt of the Covid-19 crisis, and they are giving generously. But mastering online meetings with big donors during social distancing is tricky.
Join us on December 10, at 2PM ET, to learn from savvy major-gift fundraisers how best to connect with wealthy supporters — and attract large donations — virtually.
Learn from Laura Frye, top big-gift officer at From the Top, a charity and NPR show that promotes classically trained young musicians. Frye will offer guidance on how to engage trustees and their networks to gain access to prospective donors or to deepen ties with existing supporters you don’t know well. She’ll share:
- key steps to take when preparing for an online meeting
- tips for making video calls more engaging, and
- ways to record information for your organization when working remotely.
Josh Pushkin, head of fundraising at Lambda Legal, a civil rights group that focuses on LGBT communities, will share creative ways to stay in touch with major donors on various communication channels, so they’ll feel connected to your cause — and motivated to give — before a solicitation meeting. He’ll explain how to:
- determine who should attend a virtual meeting with a key supporter,
- provide hope and inspire giving during a call or video conference, and
- follow up after a conversation to keep the interest alive.
Rachael Rosselli, veteran fundraiser at the American Red Cross of Massachusetts who focuses on donors giving six-figure gifts or higher, will explain how to conduct online meetings — and socially distanced in-person activities — that will appeal to these supporters and lead to lasting connections. She’ll share tips for tailoring meetings to each donor’s preferences, fostering meaningful conversation, and asking for a gift in a virtual or socially distanced setting.
You will learn:
- How to land virtual meetings with key donors or potential supporters — and ensure success
- Creative ways to engage major donors, convey impact, and inspire gifts when socially distanced
- Proven tactics for thanking wealthy contributors and deepening ties after online meetings
Senior Major Gifts Officer
From the Top
Chief Development Officer
Regional Philanthropy Officer
American Red Cross of Massachusetts
Originally Aired: December 10, 2020
This webinar is worth 1.25 CFRE credits.
With Support From: